Acts of Kindness by Hixson Students


A random act of kindness is a selfless act to help others more than helping yourself. An example is when you help someone who fell or someone who is cleaning something up. You can see it when someone is walking by and randomly starts helping them. My random act of kindness was to give my dollar to the veterans. I gave my dollar to the veterans a couple days ago. The reason I chose the veterans was because my grandpa is a veteran.  The war that my grandfather fought in was WWII. He was stationed with the Merchant Marines in the Atlantic. He never fought anyone because he was a Merchant Marine and only transported supplies. So when I gave my dollar to the veterans, I know it was going to a good cause to help people like my grandfather. When I gave my dollar to the veterans I felt really happy, because it made me think of my grandpa and all the other troops that fought for our freedom in all the wars.